Milestone 212 Ace
The Book Player.Bookworms are ruby red! At least in the world of talking book players. Our Milestone 212 Ace is the bookworm of the Milestone family, developed according to the wishes of our customers: Combining the 3 most popular applications in a portable device that is programmed with a focus on true simplicity. That means simplest handling without any gimmicks.
In the application "Books" Milestone 212 unlocks you the full world of digital talking books. You can listen to talking books in several formats and at the reading speed you prefer. Milestone is the most portable DAISY book reader on the market and enables you to put your full library of books into your pocket.
Switching to the music application Milestone 212 delivers you payback in cd quality and up to 20 hours of listening with one charge of battery.
The voice recording application has been completely adopted from the Milestone 112 Ace, which is known for its of ease of use and the high quality of recordings. Besides the build-in microphone you can also connect your own microphone to create high-end recordings. The 12 GB internal memory stores your voice records with almost endless capacity. Books and Music can be saved on SD memory cards up to 32 GB.
Go to the support area of Milestone 212 Ace.
You want more? With our Add-Ons you receive applications you usually only get in a specialized stand-alone-gadget. Milestone 212 Ace is compatible with the color reader "Fame". By connecting it to Milestone Fame recognizes colors, structures and light sources. Learn more about Fame here.
"First, I had another talking book player. Unfortunately, I couldn't cope with it. 1 year ago I bought my Milestone 212 Ace. A device with a very intuitive handling. Meanwhile, I've also discovered its voice recording abilities for my purposes. I am surprised by the clear records I can realize during my daily train rides.
"I bought my Milestone 212 Ace especially for our annual beach vacations. Because of its portable size it is the perfect book and music player while living out of the suitcase. However, meanwhile I use it every day."
- Applications: talking book player, music & text player, voice recorder.
- Add-Ons: Optional hardware connectable with Milestone: Color reader "Fame".
- Audio & text formats: MP3, AAC, M4A, WMA, WAV, MP4, M4V, TXT.
- Book formats: DAISY 2.02, DAISY 3.0, EPUB 2, EPUB 3, Audible AAX/AA, NLS, Bookshare.
- Internal memory for recordings: 12 GB (around 420 hours).
- External memory: SD, SD-HC or MMC memory card with capacity of up to 32 GB.
- Recording from integrated microphone or external microphone (line-in 3.5 mm jack).
- Bit rate during recording over built-in microphone: 64 kbps mono, MP3.
- Bit rate during recording over external microphone: 128 kbps stereo, MP3.
- Sampling rate when recording: 44.1 kHz, recording resolution: 16 bit.
- Playback via integrated speaker or headphone (stereo) with standard 3.5 mm jack.
- Bitrate when playing: 8 kbps to 320 kbps, or VBR (variable bit rate).
- Data transfer via USB high-speed connection.
- Built-in rechargeable lithium polymer battery (850 mAh) with a maturity of up to 20 hours of music playback via headphones.
- Maximum charging time: 3 hours.
- Ruby red housing made of impact-resistant plastic with dimensions: 85 x 54 x 14 mm (3.35” x 2.13” x 0.55”).
- 5 large & tactile buttons on the front-side and one small button on the top.
- Weight: 52 grams (1.8 oz).
My day with Milestone 212 Ace.I wake up and notice that I am still wearing the headphones of my Milestone 212 Ace. Again, I fell asleep while listening to my favorite book. No problem. I know myself and therefore activated Milestone's sleep timer last night. In addition, it is weekend and I can start with no stress into the day. At breakfast I get myself an overview about the things I planed for today. In the folder "To do" of Milestone's voice recording application I listen to my records. Right! I wanted to call my friend Lukas to meet him next week and I had in mind to welcome the new neighbor. Also, I need to buy something for dinner tonight. I haven't had soup for a while so I am searching for inspiration by listening to the DAISY book "Soups" on my Milestone. I decide for a typical Swiss soup and record the shopping list for it. Done in no time with the integrated microphone and simple handling of Milestone 212 Ace. Now back to Lukas. What was his number again? Good that I've recorded it in the folder "Phone numbers". Unfortunately, he doesn't answer the phone. Well, then I will try later again.
Now it is time to prepare for shopping. It is a warm and sunny day so I want to wear something colorful. Definitely a plus to give a friendly first impression to the nice new neighbor too. I use Fame, the color reader for Milestone, to scan my clothes and find the right combination. Perfect, now I am ready!
Shopping has been busy, typical for a Saturday afternoon. At the following bus drive home I listen to recordings in the woods I've made with a high end external microphone connected to Milestone 212 Ace. Very relaxing. Back home I want to visit the new neighbor first. While having a coffee she tells me about her favorite band. As luck would have it, I stored their newest music album via USB on my Milestone's SD memory card yesterday. We listen to several songs together. What a nice evening. Back in my apartment I let the evening end by continuing my book on Milestone. And of course, not without activating the sleep timer again.